Sunday 15 April 2012

Table Top Sale 14/04/12

Linda and Vivienne both had tables at the Beeston Village Community Centre Table Top Sale on Saturday [I was A.W.O.L.] to try and raise funds for Beeston in Bloom.


Vivienne was selling plants. We try to grow extra plants through the year for our plant sales and then we sell them at prices designed to encourage local residents to have a go at gardening. Well we are supposed to try and grow them but my seedlings usually give up and I resort to getting my Mum or brother to dig things up from their gardens for me or to buying trays of plants from B&Q or Morrisons and re-potting them.


She seems to have had quite a good selection for sale given how early in the year it is.


And Linda was selling cards, jewelery and scarves. After paying for the table and accounting for stolen stock [!!!] she still managed to make over £20 for our funds. I don't know how much Vivienne made but I'm sure she did well.

Angela and Christine also had tables raising funds for other groups they are involved with. Well done all of you.

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment